Communication guidelines: Keeping them in the habit
Post signs & messages to help the team form healthy habits.
- Helping a company full of people adopt stricter hygiene habits doesn’t happen overnight. It requires a lot of little reminders over time, and some friendly, well-placed messages are the best way to do that.
- Consider posting friendly reminders on the office walls or over Slack about handwashing, disinfecting, and physical distancing. Feel free to get as creative as you want with these reminders. What’s the funnest way you can remind people to wash their hands or greet each other at a distance?
Survey the team to learn more about what would empower them.
- Incorporating enhanced safety measures for the indefinite future is a learning experience for all of us, so it’s important to check-in with your team regularly. They may have some helpful insight on how to adjust the protocol in a way that works better for everyone.
- These types of surveys can offer valuable insight to help you continuously adapt your health & safety protocol. If you need help creating such a survey, we’re here for you.
- Determine anofficial dateto return to the office.
- Consider a flexible WFH rotationfor your employees.
- Schedule a deep clean a few days before returning to the office.
- Post signs that promote clean habits.
- Place hand sanitizers strategically around the office.
- Ensure frequently touched surfaces are cleaned regularly.
- Offer your employees annual flu shots.
- Arrange workstations to create more space.
- Considerdividers or barriers between desks.
- Offer employees PPEif necessary.
- Add distance markers where people gather or line up.
- Rearrange seats or add dividers to create distinct areas.
- Schedule rotating coffee/meal breaks.
- Plan for individually packaged meals & snacks.
- Stick to a select few food providers and delivery personnel.
- Enable contactless delivery by creating a drop-off area.
- Have trained staff serve food, clean, and collect feedback.
- Confirm your food providers have Platterz status.
- Outline all health & safety precautions to the company.
- Communicate employees’ optionsfor returning or WFH.
- Provide simple, clear instructionson new food protocol.
- Send asupportive messageabout social distancing.
- Create ahealth & safety hubfor related communications.
- Post signs &messages to help the team form habits.
- Survey the team to learn what would empower them.